A ban on flights to Morocco is to be lifted from February 7.
The Moroccan government had previously extended the suspension of all flights and ferry services imposed on November 29 until January 31.
However, a government statement published by the country’s official MAP news agency on Thursday said that the ban would end on February 7.
MAP said: “This decision comes in accordance with the legal provisions relating to the management of the state of health emergency and following the recommendations of the scientific and technical commission and taking into consideration the evolution of the epidemiological situation in the Kingdom.
It added that “a technical committee is currently examining the measures to be adopted at border crossings” with entry requirements for visitors to be announced at a later date.
International restrictions on entering Morocco were initially implemented from November 29 until December 31, but were extended to January 31.
A mechanism had been in place for Moroccan citizens to travel home – but that was ended in December.
A ban on flights from the UK was first introduced in October, with operators such as Tui forced to cancel their programmes in response.
Intrepid Travel EMEA managing director Zina Bencheikh, who is currently in Morocco, said: “The last two months have been incredibly difficult for the many people who rely on tourism for their income in Morocco.
“Domestic tourism can’t make up for the fall in overseas visitor numbers and many businesses have struggled to stay afloat.
“The reopening of the border is fantastic news for local people and travellers who have been hoping to visit.
“Morocco is one of Intrepid’s top selling destinations and with good reason – I’m sure Morocco will quickly get back onto travellers’ wish lists for 2022.”