Malta will from Monday scrap its red and dark red travel lists, Health Minister Chris Fearne announced on Friday.
Speaking in a comment to state broadcaster TVM, Fearne said that as from Monday travellers coming from any country will no longer require a period of quarantine.
As things stood, those coming from a country on Malta’s dark red list had to first seek special permission from health authorities in order to enter the country and then spend two weeks in quarantine upon their arrival in the country regardless.
Those coming from countries on the red list meanwhile needed only to present a valid vaccine certificate, recovery certificate, or a negative swab test taken 72 hours prior to arrival. The requirement for a Passenger Locator Form was only recently scrapped.
Now the same thing will apply for all those countries which were previously on the dark red list.
As from Monday, anybody can travel to Malta – but Fearne said that arrivals still need to present a valid vaccine certificate, Covid recovery certificate, or a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before arrival or a negative rapid test taken 24 hours before arrival.
Fearne also told TVM that some 15,000 people have taken their second booster dose in the past weeks, and that invitations for those over the age of 65 to take that shot are now being sent out.